Translate

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

1 Year, 2 Months

Well, I'm finally getting around to writing my one year follow up!  It's amazing how much my new ear is still changing!!! I have photos, as well a some of my scars now that they have settled, but first, here are some updates:

1) The clicking and pain in my rib area that I had prolonged after surgery is no longer bothersome. It doesn't happen unless I reach forward and use my right arm a lot, and it's continuing to improve.

2) Except for the spot where Dr. Griffiths removed the nerves to cover the ear, I have complete feeling in my scalp! I still only have some feeling in the new ear, mainly around the helix and tragus, but I still get a lot of itching elsewhere, and I can tell the nerves are still regenerating because now, when it does itch, rubbing the area actually does help squelch the itch!  I especially like to let the shower water run over that side of my head... It feels really good with all the new nerve endings!

3) At one year post op, I sent Dr. Griffiths another batch of photos and everything is looking good. I will send more this spring at 18 months, at which time they consider it "fully healed".

4) After surgery, as you might recall, I had a rough time healing and with pain, and discovered it was because I had fibromyalgia.  That is more under control now as well.  I'm always in pain all over and have terrible fatigue, but as I have said before, that is all due to the fibromyalgia I didn't know I had before surgery.  As much as I don't like how much worse the fibro is some surgery, I'm REALLY glad all my "mystery" symptoms from before surgery have a tangible cause that I can work with and attribute them to.

5) Photos!


Left Leg Crease 

Right Leg Crease 

Rib Harvest Site, Upper Right Abdomen 
(About 3 inches long) 

No comments:

Post a Comment