Translate

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Photo Shoots are Awesome!

Even though I want to get an ear, I have had this nub for the past 25 years, and it makes me anxious to know I will never see it again.  So, I decided I should have some really nice photos taken to remind me of what it looks like now.  I spent time trying to figure out how to afford professional photos, especially since I didn't need a long studio session or outfit changes, but I wanted a step up from going to Walmart or the like.  I found a local photographer who was willing to work with me.  It was a wonderful experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone considering any surgery that will alter their appearance, or anyone with any self-appearance issues.  Getting pretty and having someone dote over my malformed ear made me feel better about myself.  No really.  It made it less of an oddity, and made me feel more like it was something special about me.  A good photographer helps that happen too...

Does the experience make me change my mind about having the surgery?  No, because once again, the main reason for me to have the surgery is not appearance driven.

Below are some of my favorite pictures from the shoot.  I put a warning before the last 3 pictures as they are extreme close ups of my BAHA post.  It shouldn't been an issue, but if that's something you don't want to see, I wanted to respect that.  Unless you click on "read more", these 3 photos should  not be visible to you.




Photos by Ken Love 

(He's awesome to work with!)  Visit his site here: http://kenlovephotography.com/




















WARNING:  The last 3 pictures are super close-ups of the titanium post that my BAHA attaches to.  It is fully healed meaning no blood, raw, red, etc.  However, if you think seeing a metal post sticking out of the skin might be disturbing, please click on "read more" with caution.  Keep in mind that many piercing look much worse than this!








No comments:

Post a Comment